Wednesday 17 June 2020

The best trekking in Pakistan for beginners


As I mentioned in my previous post that why did I choose the field of tourism which was my desired wish in the very early age of life inspiring by some people working in this field.


I got an opportunity, 1991 I was on summer holidays in my village a trekking group from Chitral over Thui Pass to my village came across and camped near my house. There were 8 British members and four Pakistanis in the group. Their next plan was to go to Sandi Village and trek to Ishkoman Valley via Assumbar Pass it is lovely five days trek along the beautiful landscape with forests, lakes, streams, and spectacular views. You will be warmly welcomed by the local communities in the villages and summer villages during the whole trek. The people of Sandi go to the summer villages during the summer from Yasin side and Gujar Nomads in the Ishkoman side who are popular for their extraordinary hospitality in north Pakistan. I heard about it and requested a guide for joining them fortunately he agreed and the next morning we left early in the morning to Sandi from Thui and reached there around 2 p.m in the after-noon camped there. I was as a porter there but tried to help the staff members in the kitchen, the porters we were around 25 people from Thui until to Sandhi and then he had changed the porters from there. He discharged all the porters except me and one, my cousin, as I requested him to continue us in order to learning. The guide agreed and I was very happy to be with them I was speaking little broken English with group members and helping in the kitchen. We stayed overnight there and the next morning we left early in the morning the guide and the kitchen the staff made my load a bit lighter than the previous day as I was helping them in them. We stopped for lunch somewhere in a beautiful place under a shade of some trees and walked around two more hours and arrived at a beautiful small village with a couple of summer houses and the landscape in the surrounding is incredible that adds to the joy my trip and speaking English with people was something unbelievable for me the people around were surprised as I was speaking English most of them were appreciating and asked where did you learn this English, they did not know how was speaking? It was more enjoyable for me and interesting. The place was Anno Tek (means on the Pass) it is summer village with some fields crossing a long ascent that gives its name. There are a clear stream flowing and the camp on the grassy land. We pitch the tents over there and stayed the night. It was an exciting night for me counting the stars night as we were sleeping in the open air. I was waiting for the morning light as it happens to get up and speak with the people. It was awesome for me every moment of my life and was asking the guide about the procedure on how to become. He was a great guide who guided me positively encouraging replying to all my stupid questions with smiling face telling the members too as what wanted. The British members were too great people one of them was English teacher he taught me on the as remember the things today too like he taught me yesterday.

The next morning, we woke up early morning the guide asked me to serve the bed tea to the clients teaching me the (Hello ladies and gentlemen it is your wake up time here is your bed tea) the members encouraged me saying me Amin you speak very good English, that made my head up. After the breakfast we left towards the next camp we walked about two hours, it was shocking news for the guide decided to return back from there rather than going up showing some snow-covered mountains as saying that the pass will not be easy to cross because there is a lot of snow but it was not that much snow there as I think today gaining experience in the field. I don’t know why he took that decision as he did not want to go across the pass. Assumbar Pass is not difficult to cross in snow as last year we organized a winter group to cross because it is not dangerous. This was some disappointing moment for me we returned back to Sandi village on the same day after six hours camped in the same garden. By the evening the guide paid us some money and the clients gave me some tips too. It was very interesting to me. We stayed overnight there in the camp. The next morning they hired s jeeps to Gilgit I with my friend walked our village as there were rarely few 50 model jeeps were running in our area most of the traveling was done on foot and some horses were used.

It was an interesting trip of my life where I got an opportunity to begin towards to bring my dreams true that’s why I remember every moment time today after 30 years. From here I began my career as to become a guide finding people in the summer vacations for the next two years and I had to quit my studies because of my father’s passing away as being the eldest among my family members’ two sisters and four brothers. I used to work as a freelance guide accompanying some guides and some times organizing single members or a couple of small groups on my own. After three years I was fortunate to join one of the largest tour agencies in Pakistan and led many large groups of trekkers to the mountains of Pakistan, cultural and historical groups in the plains of Pakistan. Today having a mass of experience in the field of tourism and being part of my own tour agency organizing groups in the country. I m proud to be a first-ever tour operator from Ghizer District.


0 comments:

Post a Comment