Friday, 5 June 2015

Paperwork for trekking and mountaineering in Pakistan

·         Insurance
Life and death are part and parcel of the  human being, and accidents are the possible in adventure life so, be sure to take out a good holiday insurance policy. If you are planning really a remote and difficult trekking, this should coverage for by army helicopter, if you plan only ordinary trekking and going through easy passes, you may decide that coverage for helicopter rescue is not necessary, as you would possibly get out more quickly carried by porters with simple arrangements, but the people who plan to climb or going on a difficult trek and crossing difficult passes may need to have helicopter rescue before leaving from Islamabad the capital of Pakistan with Ministry of Tourism. You have to manage it in advance the army will send a rescue helicopter if you have guaranteed full payment in advance and collected the necessary authorisations.
   This is worth getting only you are trekking near Baltoro Glacier, which is in the line supply for the Pakistan army in its continuing struggle. There is a strong army presence along the glacier, with several helipads and radio stations all along the Baltoro glacier from which you can call for help. In addition, the army Heli-pilots know the region well and can come quickly to your aid.
   To organise rescue by army helicopter, is managed by Ministry of Tourism Pakistan Islamabad in the event that you need a helicopter rescue that that issues a letter in advance with guaranty of payment that necessary documents are prepared by the travel Company in Pakistan, you need not bother about it if you are with an organised travel company whether it is an international or a local company in Pakistan.
·         VISAS
All visitors to Pakistan must have a passport valid for six months after their intended departure from Pakistan and most nationalities need the visa to visit Pakistan. Visa application forms are available in Pakistan embassies and Pakistan International Line offices.
·         Trekking Permits
The official definition of trekking is walking below 6000 metres. Trekking areas are divided into three zones: open, restricted, and closed. No permit is required for the open zone which covers most of Pakistan. The restricted zone covers the border areas with India, China, Afghanistan and Iran and includes most of Balochistan and some of Chitral. It also covers some of the popular parts of Gilgit Baltistan, where a number of trekkers need to be regulated.
  Border areas are generally defined as being within 48 kilometres of the frontiers though there are the exceptions, for example, the restricted zone is within 16 kilometres of the border. India and Pakistan have been fighting on the Siachin Glacier since 1948, so all of the Siachin areas are now closed.
  The Ministry of Tourism Pakistan has approved many treks in restricted zones, for which permits are required. Permits are issued by the Tourism Division within 24 hours of time your arrival in Pakistan, which must be made in duplicate through an approved trekking  or tour operator and an approved guide must accompany all treks in the restricted zones and guide and porters must be insured.
    The regulation details the open, restricted and closed zones and conditions for hiring porters, guides, liaison officers. The exact duties of the liaison officers, mountain guides high altitude porters and low altitude porters are all specified by the government as are their requirement and food rations have been set by the Ministry of Tourism. Every party will be responsible to provide as the per government rule to avoid the conflicts between porters and trekking or mountaineering parties.


Post a Comment